Festivals are rolling again in downtown Lafayette. This one is perfect for the whole family. It’s time to pull out your bikes for a check-up.
Bicyclists are invited to the 5th Annual Bicycle Safety Festival for a day of fun for all ages with the goal of educating cyclists and motorists. This free event is made possible through a partnership between Lafayette Consolidated Government (LCG), Broussard & David, LLC, Bike Lafayette, the Lafayette Public Library, and ArtWalk.
When: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 2 p.m.-5 p.m.
Where: Parc Sans Souci, downtown Lafayette
Bicycle Safety Festival Highlights
- Safety course led by certified bike safety instructors
- Those who complete the safety course will be eligible to win a free bicycle from Hub City Cycles
- Bicycle inspections
- Free bike lights and t-shirts given to the first 300 participants
- Bike Lafayette will provide repair and maintenance demonstrations, host a family-friendly Gleaux Ride after sunset, and will gather input from cyclists on a project to create a bike map of Lafayette
- Free bicycle registration with the Lafayette Police Department; In the event a bicycle is lost or stolen, registration makes owner identification easier when the bike is found or recovered
- Children’s Museum of Acadiana
- Lafayette Public Library’s M.I.Brary (Musical Instrument Library)
- Deuxième Vie Creative (craft creations using repurposed materials)